Fermentation plants Revamp
In addition to being the representative of BioEngineering in Israel, Modcon Systems has a vast experience in fermentation systems revamps and renovations. The system to be repaired is transferred to Modcon Systems' workshop and undergoes a thorough treatment, depending on it's condition.
Among other operations, and according to the requirements, we perform:
- Thorough renovation of all the relevant peripheral systems (such as the air supply system)
- Renovation of the structure (rust removal by sand-blasting and plates repainting and/or replacing)
- Renovation of the main board, including tags and signposting
- Replacement of all obsolete analogical systems with new digital systems
- Addition of electrodes and probes as required
Modcon Systems installs the best equipment and instruments in the renewed system, tailor made to the customers demands: pH & DO combined transmitter, pH electrode with temperature compensation, O2 electrode with temperature compensation, Pt 100 probe and transmitter for temperature measurement, a programmable controller, computerized touch screen for display, control and data logging etc.
Moreover, according to its service-oriented characteristics, Modcon Systems takes an integral part in installation and running of the renewed system and also with consulting and service later on.
Renovation of a 20 years old 16L fermenter for Weizmann Institute of Science
As part of the revamp, the following changes were made:
Renovation of the old structure, including dismantling and cleaning; renovation of instruments and replacement if necessary; rust removal by sand-blasting and repainting, and electro polish to all stainless steel parts of the system.
Renovation of a 17 years old 16L NBS fermenter for Sigma Aldrich Israel
The comprehensive revamp included, among others:
- Renovation of the vessel by electro polish
- Relpacement of all equipment, instrument and pipes made of copper to s.s
- Replacement of the temperature controller to a PID controller and replacement of the temperature Pt 100 probe
- Replacement of the valves
- Replacement of the heat exchanger
- Replacement of mechanical seals
- Rust removal by sand-blasting and repainting
- Replacement of the rear fan of the electrical system
The project also included a pressure test and a sterility test of the system, performed by Modcon Systems after the reassembly of the renewed system.
Renovation NBS fermenters for RBT
The old fermenters arrived at Modcon Systems in a poor condition. One side did not work at all. The other side went through a change enabling operation with a 10L vessel, but its control system required a thorough treatment.
The rotation control system had a problem that caused a mismatch between the actual rotation speed and the indicated one.
Above stirring speed of 100 rpm, vibrations were indicated in the system.
In this case, the temperature indication and control systems had to be replaced, the air supply system had to be renovated, the rotation speed control system had to be calibrated and the vibration problem had to be solved.
Likewise, the structure was renovated, rust was removed by sand-blasting and the plates were repainted.
Pumps, bearings and all accompanying equipment were examined and treated.
Installation of a new control system to a 25 years old 1000L fermenter for Sigma Aldrich Israel
The installed system includes a programmed controller and a control panel with a touch screen. The control and electricity systems were renewed and fitted
More customers of Modcon Systems for revamped fermentation systems:
- Minrav Industries (Biological division)- Revamp of a 17 years old 150L fermenter
- The Veterinary Magid Institute- In the department for Fish Diseases Research, temperature and pH controls were added to a second-hand fermenter that was purchased overseas and arrived "naked". The work included: connections of the system to water, steam and air supplies and also to the drain system; assembly of the system, activation and follow-up.