The newly redesigned MOD-4100 crude analyzer represents a breakthrough in crude oil on-line analysis. This single analyzer system is intended for real-time measurements of Crude Density, Salt Concentration, the Total Acidic Number (TAN), Hydrogen Sulphide Concentration, Viscosity and Water Content.
On-line quality analysis of the crude oil properties is important to allow evaluating the crude oils at any time.
On-line monitoring of the crude oil qualities also plays a critical role in a variety of different crude oil process optimizations. In crude oil blending it provides an effective tool to determine whether a homogeneous blend of the crude oil has been achieved.
On-line monitoring of the crude oil properties before, between and after the desalters enables efficient operation of the desalter, at minimum cost of energy and process chemicals.
Furthermore, on-line monitoring of the properties of the crude oils entering the CDU is also of high importance for evaluating potential corrosion and fouling that affect the equipment and the pipelines.
Aside from the technical point of view, the commercial benefit of the new MOD 4100 should also be faced, which enables continuous verification of the entire batch complying with its specification.
The new design of the MOD 4100 analyzer system is based on a “Modular Package concept”. It is inspected and tested by the factory, and ready for immediate installation on-site. The analyzer is deliverable in two modifications:
- MOD 4100-S Crude analyzer for measuring the salt content in crude oil
- MOD 4100 Extensive version of the crude analyzer that performs one or more of the following on-line analyses:
- Salt Concentration
- Hydrogen Sulfide Concentration
- Water Content
Sample can be withdrawn from the oil-well, pipes, vessel, tanks, or at any other location in the crude oil supply chain from the oil well during transportation, storage, desalting and blending until the crude distillation unit. On-line and rapid analysis allows real time detecting of unacceptable levels of quality parameters and enables taking immediate corrective actions.
- The new MOD 4100 On-line Analytical System is a complete equipment set
- MOD-4100 allows real time analysis of critical crude oil properties under field conditions
- Continuous crude oil sampling from pipelines, tanks or process vessels, its filtration and separation from solid particles
- Transfer of analysis results to customer’s control room
- No analyzer shelter is required
- The analyzer comes installed in outdoor stainless steel enclosure and is equipped with an integral sample conditioning system